"The Crocodile"
Today I saw a crocodile,
It sat and stared at me!
I didn't run, I didn't shriek,
In case I was his tea!
No move I saw the snapper make,
His jaws remained tight shut.
Whilst sweat poured down my forehead,
I heard rumbles from his gut!
I've been in worse predicaments,
But only in my head.
Like wrestling with big brown bears,
And monsters from our shed!
But feeling brave I shuffled close,
To see his scary jaws.
The crocodile was not impressed,
And flexed his giant claws!
The beast prepared to eat me up,
He snapped, he snarled, he blew!
But I just stood and tapped the glass,
'Cause this croc is in the zoo!
©2003 Gareth Lancaster
It sat and stared at me!
I didn't run, I didn't shriek,
In case I was his tea!
No move I saw the snapper make,
His jaws remained tight shut.
Whilst sweat poured down my forehead,
I heard rumbles from his gut!
I've been in worse predicaments,
But only in my head.
Like wrestling with big brown bears,
And monsters from our shed!
But feeling brave I shuffled close,
To see his scary jaws.
The crocodile was not impressed,
And flexed his giant claws!
The beast prepared to eat me up,
He snapped, he snarled, he blew!
But I just stood and tapped the glass,
'Cause this croc is in the zoo!
©2003 Gareth Lancaster
| |
Recently I bought a set of Bundle Monster plates with the Konad stamper and decided it was time to try it out... while it looked good on paper, it didn't come out so well on my nails! And forget trying to fill in the parts that didn't fit the first time!! So as you will probably notice I did some cover up work.. kinda like going over that tattoo you regret!!
I don't have the # plate in front of me but I wanted to do the "Croc" design (obviously)... Especially because I got this really cute squeaky toy for my dog, Jetta! Well, she can't have it yet!! :) Again, I used colors from the CG Holiday set I won from Holly & Polish. The base color was CG Champagne Bubbles, stamped with Glittering Garland (probably not the best green to have used). My "cover" was Wet & Wild: Party of Five which is 5 glitters in a clear base: Red. Green. Silver. Violet. Blue.
(This is Jetta upon receiving her last squeaky!! Look at her eyes!!! LOL)
Overall, I think the look still came out okay and is actually kinda pretty! Sparkle is always nice.. especially for the Holidays!
That reminds me... WHO remembers this??!!
SPARKY!!!!







Gorgeous mani!
ReplyDeletePretty! Your dog is so cute!
ReplyDeleteI nominated you for the Cute Blog Award. :D
ReplyDeletehttp://artevolve.blogspot.com/2012/01/cute-blog-award.html
I only added my blog link to show you to the page where I nominated you.